Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Its been a while...

I can't believe that it has been since June that I have posted on this blog. The last few months have flown by and been quite crazy. But life is settling down now and I hope to be posting more often than just once in a few months! If you want to see more of our life than you should probably just follow me on instagram...I am much better at updating on there!!! My username is alibeeson! :) Before I try and update on everything that has happened the past few months...lets start with whats going on in daily life right now!

1. I got a new job at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in the Newborn ICU. Basically I'm obsessed with my job. It is the perfect fit for me and the best unit to be on in nursing. It was a crazy time getting there though. I have been wanting to get in the hospital setting since I got out of nursing school. I applied for 100+ jobs and was always feeling like it would never happen. After I had my bachelors degree and 1+ years experience I started getting calls for interviews. It was stressful when we were in Seattle and I was doing phone interviews. Towards the end of the summer I got an interview for a pediatrics position and flew to Utah to interview. Within a few days of us being back I had the interview in the NICU. Turns out that I ended up getting both the peds and nicu position in the same week. I chose the NICU and I couldn't be happier that I did. I love love love those little babes more than anything.
love that its pink...
2. Brock is a super star and is juggling both a job and the advertising program. He seriously amazes me with how hard he works. He has been working 20-30 hours a week and still maintaining his school work. That boy is a hard worker and I couldn't be more proud of him. He is constantly trying to learn as much as he can. And on top of it...I frequently come home from work to a clean house..including vacuumed carpets :) His momma trained him well :)
Love my computer nerd!
3. We love love love our new apartment! We have spent a lot of time painting and decorating our apartment and really trying to make it home. And now it really is home. It has been so fun actually doing what we have wanted to in this apartment. And it has paid off! :) More pics to come soon of the apartment! If you want to come over we love having guests!!!! :)
A common site the past couple weeks

4 comments:

  1. Yay for new blog posts! I love you Ali! So glad things are going to well for you two! Keep updating lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paint color! can't wait to see more of the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY an update!! I miss ya girl! That was such a short post!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I'm glad that you are getting settled in. Cute paint color!

    ReplyDelete